Twenty-four

 Today you wake up and you have to start a new life. You get out of bed and start to write down your to-do list. Is it laundry day, or deep cleaning your kitchen? You start to try hot coffee instead of iced americano. Make a full breakfast instead of eating a full bowl of your favorite cereal. You listen to podcasts instead of repeating your favorite boyband's debut album, and you start to live your life instead of daydreaming. 

You are now an adult and they want you to stand on your own. You have to make your own decision and you must not rely on others. You might get hurt but you are too old to cry, yet you are too young to face the world on your own. When you call your mom to ask for recipes instead of asking her for money. Your friends call you and remind you to pay your taxes instead of inviting you to a girl's night out. 

You are now twenty-four and you are living your best life. Buying all the albums and books you can't afford when you were fourteen. Going out all night without getting spam calls from your father. You are now twenty-four and you won't need permission to watch Harry Style's concert. 

But, what does it mean to be twenty-four? 

Do I have to start a new life with someone, or it is fine to blush and act shy when aunties ask me about my boyfriend? Do I have to give up my freedom just so I can live with someone that I just met? 

Mother says that I will find the answer along the way.

So today, I wake up and start a new life. I get out of bed and start living to the fullest. I drink hot coffee but I still prefer ice americano. I eat my favorite cereal in contentment and call my friends for a little hangout. 

Today, I am twenty-four and I can live my life to what I want it to be. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Us

Aku Ingin Tertidur Pulas di Dekapanmu